Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Bickersons.

Her: Jackson, will you play a game with me?
Him: Um, not right now.
Her: MOMMY JACKSON WON'T PLAY WITH ME!!!!

[10 minutes later]

Him: Sydney, will you play a game with me?
Her: No.
Him: Why not?
Her: Because you didn't want to play when I asked.
Him: MOMMY SYDNEY WON'T PLAY WITH ME!!!!

[10 minutes later]

Him: Now will you play a game with me?
Her: Okay let's play that game we played that time.
Him: What game?
Her: You know? That time? We played the game? It was so fun!
Him: Huh?
Her: MOMMY JACKSON SAID HE'D PLAY A GAME WITH ME NOW HE WON'T PLAY A GAME WITH ME AND HE PROMISED!!!!

[10 minutes later]

Her: Now will you play a game with me?
Him: I said I would 10 minutes ago.
Her: What do you want to play?
Him: How about on the Wii?
Her: Okay.
Him: Let's play MarioKart?
Her: Let's play WiiFit?
Him: MOMMY SYDNEY SAID SHE'D PLAY Wii WITH ME AND NOW SHE WON'T AGREE TO PLAY MARIOKART AND IT'S MY TURN TO PICK, LAST TIME SHE PICKED. IT'S NOT FAIR IF SHE ALWAYS GETS TO PICK THE GAMES!!!!

[10 minutes later]

Her: Okay, we're agreed, we'll play spies?
Him: Sure.
Her: Okay, let's pretend we are spying on Mommy!
Him: No, let's pretend we're looking for the bad spies, and Finny can be our spy-dog.
Her: No, let's spy on Mommy!
Him: Spy dog!
HER & HIM: MOMMY, WE AGRED TO PLAY SPIES AND NOW S/HE WON'T PLAY THE WAY I WANT TO!!!

I guess I should not be surprised.   I knew they were programmed to push each other's buttons.  Quite literally in this video, November 2004. Ages 3 and 14 months:
video

No comments: