Monday, April 4, 2011

What Kind of Mother Are You?

I was helping Sydney wash her hair the other day. As I working in the conditioner, I said to her:

"This will make you hair nice and shiny, your boyfriend will like that."

"Mommy?"

"Yes?"

"Who is my boyfriend?"

"I was going to ask you the same thing."

"Mommy?"

"Yes?"

"What kind of mother are you? The kind that lets your 6 or 7 year old have boyfriends? Or the kind that says 'you're too young to have boyfriends.' "

"The kind that says 'you're too young.' "

"That's what I thought."

[long pause]

"When I grow up, I'm going to be the kind that lets her 7 year old have a boyfriend."

"Why?"

"Because I will remember what it was like to be 7 and want a boyfriend."

I am trying to decide whether to:

(a) send her to a private girls' school,
(b) home school through college,
(c) move to a deserted island, or
(d) buy firearms.

I am definitely going to stop talking about her boyfriends.

2 comments:

mags said...

hilarious!

Eschelle said...

I would suggest D, at least a paint ball gun... girls school could be worse i just don't know lol!