Sunday, November 14, 2010

Surprise

I was not surprised that the puppy was so sad to leave her litter mates and her parents.  Oh how she cried as we drove away.
I was surprised at how sad I was for her.   It broke my heart to think of her leaving her family behind.

I was not surprised that the puppy had a lot of energy.
I was surprised at how much energy we had to have to harness it.  Things like making dinner, doing homework and doing laundry have taken a backseat to puppy training and surveillance.

I was not surprised that having a puppy is like having a newborn baby - needing constant attention.
I was surprised that it is also like having a toddler at the same time - you can't takes your eyes off of her.

I was not surprised that the puppy came 'pee pad' trained -- she peed on a pee pad at the breeder (the modern newspaper).
I was surprised that she treated our family room carpet at her pee pad.

I was not surprised that Sydney stalked the puppy and that Finnegan was seeking a restraining order by bedtime the first day.
I was surprised that Jackson considered Sydney as some kind of puppy whisperer because she so gamely picked up and carried the puppy around.

I was not surprised that I enjoyed so much playing with and getting to know the puppy.
I was surprised that Sydney was so jealous.

No comments: