Sunday, October 10, 2010

Thankful

With the annual giving of thanks upon us,  I present another original poem:

I am Thankful For ..
By Sydney

I am thankful for my school.
I am thankful for fresh water.
I am thankful for the tetmits for cansre.
I am thankful for plants.
I am thankful for food.
I am thankful for my frend's.
I am thankful for our houses.
I am thankful for rain.
I am thankful for Thanksgiving.
I am thankful for my big brother.
I am thankful for fruit and vegys.
I am thankful for my fish.
I am thankful for cars.
I am thankful for my class.


I, too, am thankful for much. 

For a husband who is not allergic to laundry or cleaning
For kids and their enthusiastic approach to life even if this means a HIGH VOLUME household at times. 
For jobs that keeps the kids in video games so that the volume can occasionally be lower.
For friends who get me, for other friends who don't get me but put up with me.
For good physical health and good mental health at least some days.

I am hopeful that next year we'll crack the top 14 in Sydney's thankful list.

p.s. we only have one house! I don't know what she was talking about unless you could that playhouse which we signed over to raccoons.

1 comment:

ohsherry said...

I love these kinds of poems. They can really capture this moment in their lives --whether we parents make the cut or not. Thanks for sharing.