Friday, January 1, 2010

Morning Cuddles


Sydney came into our room one morning as I was trying to catch up on the sleep I didn't get during the night due to bizarre dreams.

She climbed into bed for some cuddles.

This is unusual as on the days she is up before us (not often), she will go downstairs and watch cartoons. If she does darken our doorstep, it is to request breakfast.

So I enjoyed the cuddles, which lasted about 3 minutes.

She sat up and tapped me on the arm.

"I need to ask you a question?"

"OK"  I never know what to expect.

"It's a money question."

"OK".

"How much does the game Sorry cost?"

"I don't know, we can google it later."

"'Cause I want to spend my Christmas money on that since Santa didn't bring it."

"I didn't think it was on your Santa list."

"It was."

"On the school one?"

"No, on the home one."

Don't ask me under that rock/couch cushion/pile of paper that got burried under.

"Okay. We can go shopping this weekend for it if you want. I think you'll have enough money."

Fortunately, Mommy's don't need Santa lists to know what their kids want. The game awaits her on New Year's Eve.

No comments: