Saturday, December 5, 2009

From the Mouth of the Girlie Goo

[I am cleaning months of dirt and cedar debris from window track in preparation for Christmas tree]

Sydney: Can I help you clean the window Mommy?

Me: Sure. Will you wipe this part?

Sydney: Okay. I love cleaning.

Me: I hate cleaning. Hey, do you want to be responsible for cleaning the house?

Sydney: Well, not all of it. Maybe just the dusting.

Me: Sounds good to me.

Sydney: Will I ever be able to use this? [points to Windex bottle]

Me: Sure you will. But you have to be careful, that could hurt your eyes.

Sydney: Mommy, I am SIX. You're treating me like a baby.

Me: No I'm not. I said you could use it, you just have to be careful. A baby wouldn't be able to touch it.

Sydney: Mommy, that was a figure of speech.

Me: Oh.

Sydney: Mommy?

Me: Yes?

Sydney: What does "figure of speech" mean?

No comments: