Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Six Hour Milestone

I have been counting down the years to this one. An important Mommy milestone. My baby is gone to school for the whole school day.

That means on the days I don't go into work (Monday and Friday) I have SIX HOURS with no kids. That is a staggering amount of time, I said to myself over the summer. IMAGINE HOW MUCH I CAN GET DONE WITH TWELVE KIDLESS HOURS A WEEK.

It turns out having a few extra hours on my hands is like having a few extra dollars in my wallet. They tend to slip through my fingers without my notice.

I can account for a couple hours for my workout each day. The aerobic classes are an hour and you add in early arrival to sign up and the drive to and from. That is time well spent even if I am discovering muscles long neglected. I throw in some laundry, make a few phone calls, take a peak at Facebook and maybe write a blog and another hour is whittled away.

What I can't figure out is what happens to the other three hours? If you've seen them, I'm offering a $1 reward.

No comments: