Sunday, October 18, 2009

Daddy

Daddy was away the past few days and we all missed him very much.

Sydney missed the cuddles. I asked her yesterday if she missed Daddy a bit.

"No Mommy" she said soberly "I miss him a lot."

Jackson missed being able to share his conquests on his DS. He told me that he unlocked R2D2, but he doesn't think I appreciate it the way Daddy does.

I missed Husband's even and stable manner. He is the ballast in our family. The stability. I am the (over)enthusiastic and (over)dramatic one. When we're faced with a crisis, like a missing character in the Dora Candyland game, I envy Husband's ability to remain calm and start quietly over turning furniture looking for Diego while I melodramatically say "that's why I tell you to put the game away -- so pieces would go missing!!"

Just before Husband was due home, I was busy tidying and cleaning the kitchen. Sydney asked me to do something with her. I told her "I'm cleaning the kitchen. When Daddy gets home I want him to say 'WOW, WHAT A CLEAN KITCHEN!!!"

"Daddy wouldn't say that." Sydney said with a great deal of certainty.

"What do you mean?"

"Daddy isn't a fully exciting person. If he saw the clean kitchen, he would just say 'oh' "

No comments: