Sunday, June 21, 2009

SHOWS!!

One of the absolute joys of parenting the J Boy at the present is experiencing one of his shows. Nothing oozes more charm and enthusiasm than his articulation in one of his presentations. Sometimes they are magic shows, sometimes dance routines, often joke-telling sessions and more recently an academic offering, complete with diagrams. He seems so grown-up and so little-boy at the same time.

These shows do come at a price. You see the sheet in the photo above?? That was pulled from my shockingly-still-tidy-linen closet. We had a magic show last night and the J Boy decided he needed to delineate a stage and so gathered up every old video and DVD he could find and created a stage. When I walked into OUR bedroom, I squawked and he immediately said "I promise I will put them all away." Of course, he didn't. His last card trick did not go the way he wanted and he stormed off and blamed me and sequestered himself in his bedroom. Still, the shows are worth the price and I will miss them one day.

I invite you to experience the charm and enthusiasm of our J Boy:

video

1 comment:

Ellie said...

This is one of the cutest things I have ever seen. I love the "I have more fun in my life". Way to go, J. And I love the "Smartr". Priceless.